Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Dying to Get My Paws On Some...

THIGH HIGH TIGHTS!
And I'm not talking about the trashy, "I just want to flash some of my thunder thigh" tights. I'm talking about the new It item. We all know that tights are the fantastic Recession It Item because of their versatility from season to season and the various kinds of patterns, materials and colors. But now, tights are even making a slight change. A few years ago, black footless leggings were the must-have item for girls across the country. We all own them. Hell, I'm wearing them right now.
But instead of the fashion world completely abandoning tights due to the fact that leggings are a mass fashion now, we're simply ushering in a new silhouette of tights: the thigh highs. Okay, I know they're not "new", but they're cycling back, like every other style under the sun. It's just interesting to see how the tights are shifting from showing off one piece of skin (the ankles and lower-calves) to another piece of skin (the mid-thigh).
Check out the evolution:

From this...

To this!
I love the new change. This pair is from American Apparel ($17).
To get the look right, the thigh highs should be worn with a dress or skirt that hits the thigh a couples of inches above the tights. Don't be a hoe, ladies.
The style is a more risque, fashion-forward schoolgirl. I'm planning on snagging myself a pair (if my anorexicly skinny wallet can stand to lose $17) and wearing them with a button-down shirt and a blazer (sleeves rolled up), and a corduroy skirt that hits about 2 inches higher than the top of the tights.
Check out Urban Outfitters for some other great tights.


xox

No comments: