Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Monsieur Butterfly

I've mentioned in the past that I used to figure skate. The combination of my past sport and my best friend's suggestion was the inspiration for this post. Oh, plus the fact that we're in the midst of the Olympics (Boo Canada!).
Now, more than most people, I respect the art of figure skating (I HATE ice dancing, but I love me some good figure skating). The strength and perseverance required of the sport are both admirable and inspiring qualities that champion figure skaters must possess.
Some of the less admirable and inspiring qualities? The ridiculous get-ups that male figure skaters wear. Don't get me wrong, they're beautiful! But I just can't help but say "OH COME ON, MAN!" when my eyes fall upon these, to say the least, mockable frocks.
I know you're probably all dying to see some of these absurd costumes, so here you go.
*Please note: When viewing these outfits, it is best not to be eating or drinking anything. Spitting on your computer is unkind, and is not the objective of this post.*



Great sit-spin, not so great costume.


My personal favorite. Wait, what's that? Was this costume inspired by one of Antonio Berardi's looks from London Fashion Week?

Leave it to the runway, boys.

And, of course, I have to leave you with an example of a great, classic men's costume.

Excellent example.

Hope you all enjoy!

xox

No comments: