Monday, January 11, 2010

August Favorites

If these gorgeous looks are "Pre-Fall", I'm counting down the days to August. We're all itching with anticipation for February and Fashion Week, but here are some of my favorite Pre-Fall designers to whet your appetite.

Diane von Furstenberg piles on the layers while piling on the textures at the same time. And the hat gives the look that carefree, "I'm French" attitude. The feel is so luxurious, so uptown.


Nicole Miller brings a somewhat Pocahontas feel to the runway with a great earth-tone print dress with feathers on the hem. And the tie-up boots are the perfect finish.

My personal favorite, Lanvin. The perfect mixture of animal print and animal fur, a tough combination to nail. The hat and the clutch compliment the ensemble beautifully. And I love the photography, between the shadow on the wall, and the model standing on the cinderblock? Heaven.

I for one am excited for the earth tones and rich textures of Pre-Fall. They'll be a great compliment after the jewel tones of Spring and Summer.


No comments: