Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New Obsession: Mod Cloth

Today marked one month from that last day I was living in the city, and the day that I had fatefully returned. I'll be returning for keeps in a little over a week (though it feels like a century), but this is besides the point. Stepping out of Penn Station smelling the oh-so-familiar musk of dirty water hot dogs and more fume exhaust than the lungs could handle, hearing the relentless honk of every yellow cab on the one-way avenue, and seeing my gum covered sidewalks never felt so good. I missed you, New York.
ANYWAY, the point is that today, more than most, the city was inspiring. Inspiring for my curiosity, my fashion, and my exploration. So, naturally, what's a girl to do besides hook her internet up as an IV once she got home?
Well, in hooking up said IV, I found my new romance: Mod Cloth. An online vintage-meets-estate-sale retailer with some of the most unique finds I've ever come across. The owner seems like an absolute cupcake (I say this with great admiration for the owner, mostly because I adore cupcakes) from the looks of the "About Us" page.
Prices are pretty moderate, dresses range from about $50 to about $99.
Here are some of my already-favorites:

The Provocateur Dress, $64

Williamsberg Dress, $54
Eighth Wonder of the World Booties, $44

Time for Toast Clock, $24

I'm enamoured with the fact that ModCloth also has a suge selection of lifestyle accessories, like this Toast Clock. How original is that?!
They also seem to have a flare for kitten home decor, because there were plennnty of cats to choose from.
Have fun exploring ModCloth!

xox

No comments: