Monday, January 4, 2010

My Crinoline Never Falls Flat

Ever since I was out of the womb, my mother couldn't help but to dress me in the biggest, fluffiest, froofiest dresses she could find (and believe me, if there was a way she could have dressed me up in her belly, she would have). And, save the four year period of my life when my style pulled a 180 to jeans, sneakers, and bandanas (I had two older brothers, so naturally I wanted to be just like them), I've always enjoyed some good crinoline. Which is why I'm tickled pink at the Spring 2010 trend: Sportswear with an explosion of crinoline. The look juxtaposes blazers and Chuck Taylors with giant crinoline skirts and shining accessories. The feel is very 80s, very fun. And when done right, the balance is perfect! Here is my favorite:

Cotton and Spandex blue blazer, blue skirt, and white skirt (Betsey Johnson - love her!), Sneakers (Converse), and Ring, Earrings, and Cuff (Joanna Laura Constantine).

For the look at home, hit Urban Outfitters for these pieces:

Embellished full skirt, $78

Strong Shoulder Blazer, $78

Chiffon Pleated Shoulder Blouse, $58.




2 comments:

Cara said...

Well look at you blogging...very nice. We will follow you...follow us???
I will be back.
Mrs. P.

masQmay said...

Greats these looks you've chosen!!