Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fashion Crisis: Football?!

Last night I got a call from my wonderful boyfriend asking if I'd like to accompany him to a football game viewing at a friend from work's house. I'd never met the friend from work, or any of his other co-workers that would be in attendance, so naturally my first reaction was "Holy crap, what in the mashoogana should I wear?!". I had to look great, but what the heck kind of outfit do you wear to this occasion? It's not a date, and it's not a party, but it's more than just a "hang out". Plus the fact that because I go to the Fashion Institute of Technology, I couldn't completely abandon my fashion sense all together! Long story short, I was up fashion creek without a paddle. SO, in an effort to help struggling girlfriends-that-need-to-look-great-while-meeting-boyfriend's-coworkers-yet-still-keep-their-fashion-sense-all-at-the-same-time (phew, breathe!), here are the options I came up with.

First of all, think simple. Football + men + buffalo chicken wings = THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND FASHION. So keep a simple trend, like this plaid button down ($15) from Target. Pair it with jeans, flats, and a headband. Plus, you can get away with some simple silver bangles with this. At least you can get SOME sparkle with those!

Second, you can get away with something a bit more fashion-forward if it's in a simple tone, take, for instance, black! Try this black graffiti shirt ($14.80) from Forever21. Throw on a jean skirt and some Uggs (or flip flops), and maybe a long necklace or scarf depending on the season.

Keep in mind that these outfits are within the context of a football game. They're not the most fashion-forward, but hey, they get the job done!

And, as per request from a reader and my recent fashion dilemma, I'm going to start a blog section called "Ask LBB" where you can request an outfit styling for a particular occasion, tell me your price range, and VIOLA! You'll have an outfit!

Thanks for reading,
Peace an' Blessins

No comments: