Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I've Got All This Time on My Hands...

Considering that my winter break from college was abnormally long, I had quite a bit of free time on my hands. Having the free time forced me to find ways to not waste my time, and here are some things I came up with. Enjoy!

Bake Cheesecake Cupcakes
I got the recipe out of "500 Cupcakes" by Fergal Connolly.
Ingredients:
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
5 tbsp. sweet butter, melted
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups cream cheese, softened
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries (or strawberries, or blackberries)

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Farenheit. Place 24 paper baking cups into cupcake pan.
Put the cracker crumbs into a medium bowl and stir in the butter. Spoon tablespoons of the mixture into the cups, pressing firmly into the bottom. Chill until set.
In a large bowl, beat the ricotta until smooth. Add the cream cheese, vanilla, and confectioners' sugar, blending until smooth. Slowly add the eggs, blending well.
Spoon the mixture into cups.
Bake for 25 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the cupcakes and place on a cooling rack. Chill until time to serve. Top with fruit.
Makes about 2 dozen.

Here's the final product!


They were a huge hit. I thoroughly suggest hopping on a treadmill before eating them, though, because it's so easy to eat two or three in one sitting.

Okay, so the next activity? Pick up "Bloodsucking Fiends" by Christopher Moore. A love story about a vampire and a mortal, I was constantly cracking up reading this. It's a quick read and so enjoyable. If you hated Twilight, you'll love it. If you liked Twilight, you'll still love it.

Check out the full synopsis here.

So if you don't have time to make cupcakes or read an entire book, but you're still bored one night, check out the movie "The Soloist" starring Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr., an inspiring film that challenges viewers to be passionate about their endeavors.

Check out "The Soloist" trailer here.

Have fun not being bored, guys!

xox
LBB

No comments: